lawang Sewu is a relic of ancient Dutch building that was built in 1904. Originally this building for corporate headquarters rail (tram) Dutch colonizers or Nederlandsch Indishe Spoorweg Naatschappij (NIS). Building three-story art deco (1850-1940) was the work of renowned Dutch architect, Prof. Jacob F Klinkhamer and BJ Queendag. Lawang Sewu located on the east side of Tugu Muda Semarang, or on a street corner Pandanaran and street youth. Called lawang sewu (Thousand Doors), this is because the building has a door that very much. In fact, there is no door to a thousand. The building has many windows high and wide, so people often take it as a door.
|This is a legacy of the Dutch railway|
semarang at night